Criw Celf Secondary for Swansea, Neath & Port Talbot
Criw Celf Secondary is an Arts Council of Wales funded project for children who have shown a talent or special interest in Art. Young people from schools in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot, in Years 7 & 8, are able to apply and become part of a fun, exciting and encouraging creative project at Mission Gallery.
Over several weeks, taking place on Saturdays, participants will have the opportunity to enjoy five master classes led by professional artists and designers, exploring a range of art techniques and skills. This is an amazing opportunity for interested young people. It is a chance to be part of a regular art club, make new friends with similar interests and learn new skills.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for young people in Years 7 and 8 (aged 12 to 14) at Secondary education, who are ‘More Able and Talented’ in Art – those who show talent, are imaginative and creative. They may love drawing, painting, making or building; they may spend their time inventing characters, making animations, making their own jewellery or building and constructing imaginative sculptures. We really want these curious creative youngsters to come along and take part in our Criw Celf Secondary programme.
About the programme.
- Five master class workshops in a variety of Art and Design areas.
- A chance to enhance creativity, learn new skills and experiment with materials in a supported environment.
- Experience working alongside professional Artists and Designers with opportunities to hear their career choices, share knowledge and ask questions.
- A study visit to an exhibition or museum (Such as Cardiff or Bristol).
- A professional group exhibition showcasing the work that has been created during Criw Celf master classes.
- An Art Materials Kit and certificate of their achievement upon completion of the programme.
Each school can nominate up to 10 studentswho demonstrate exceptional ability in the field of art, craft and design. Teachers may send this as one large application.
Application Deadline: 22 February 2019
*Funding & Support available, contact gallery to learn more.