For School Years
Years 5 – 6
For Children In
About The Project
Criw Celf Primary is for children who have shown a talent or special interest in Art. Children living in Carmarthenshire, in school years 5 & 6, can apply to become a part of this exciting creative project at Oriel Myrddin.
Masterclasses, Trips & Exhibitions
Over several sessions, participants will have the opportunity to enjoy masterclasses led by professional artists and designers, exploring a range of art techniques and skills. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a regular art club, make new friends with similar interests and learn new skills. Within the programme is also the opportunity to visit museums, artist studios, and universities.Successful applicants will develop their skills through:
- Take part in 5 masterclasses, led by professional artists in a range of disciplines.
- Visits to exhibitions, museums and galleries.
- Experience working alongside professional Artists and Designers with opportunities to hear their career choices, share knowledge and ask questions.
- A chance to enhance creativity, learn new skills and experiment with materials in a supportive environment.
- The chance to exhibit their work at the end of the programme.
- A free art materials kit.
- Certificate of achievement, upon completion of the programme.
Who are we looking for?
Children in school years 5 or 6, who are creative, imaginative and enthusiastic about art. They may love drawing, painting, making or building, and may spend their time inventing characters, making animations or taking photographs. These are the artistic individuals we would love to see apply for our Criw Celf Primary programme.
Teacher & Schools
Each school can nominate up to 10 students who demonstrate exceptional ability in the field of art, craft or design. Teachers may send this as one large application. For more information visit: https://criwcelfwest.wales/for-teachers/
How to apply.
For details on how to apply, please email Emma.
There is a £40 participation fee for successful applicants, which needs to be paid in order to secure their place. Financial support is available, please contact Emma for more information.
Need some help?
If you need more help, contact Emma at EJBaker@carmarthenshire.gov.uk