For School Years
Years 7 – 8
For Children In
Swansea & Neath Port Talbot
About The Project
Criw Celf Secondary is for children who have shown a talent or special interest in Art. Children from the Swansea and Neath Port Talbot areas, in school years 5 & 6 can apply to become a part of this exciting creative project at Mission Gallery.
Masterclasses, Trips & Exhibitions
Over several sessions, participants will have the opportunity to enjoy masterclasses led by professional artists and designers, exploring a range of art techniques and skills. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a regular art club, make new friends with similar interests and learn new skills. Within the programme is also the opportunity to visit museums, artist studios, and universities.
- Take part in 5 masterclasses, led by professional artists in a range of disciplines.
- Visits to exhibitions, museums and galleries.
- Experience working alongside professional Artists and Designers with opportunities to hear their career choices, share knowledge and ask questions.
- A chance to enhance creativity, learn new skills and experiment with materials in a supportive environment.
- The chance to exhibit their work at the end of the programme.
- A free art materials kit.
- Certificate of achievement, upon completion of the programme.
Collagraph printing masterclass with Nina Morgan
Batik & Indigo dyeing masterclass with Sara Holden
Cardboard Sculpture masterclass with Coral Williams
Ceramics masterclass with Lyndon Davies
Animation masterclass with Tim Stokes
Who are we looking for?
Children in school years 7 or 8, who are creative, imaginative and enthusiastic about art. They may love drawing, painting, making or building, and may spend their time inventing characters, making animations or taking photographs. These are the artistic individuals we would love to see apply for our Criw Celf Secondary programme.
Teacher & Schools
Each school can nominate up to 10 students who demonstrate exceptional ability in the field of art, craft or design.Teachers may send this as one large application.
How to apply.
To apply, please download and complete the application form below. We also want to see examples of your work, and a written statement telling us why you would like to take part.
Deadline for applications is Friday 26 February 2020.
Successful applicants can secure their place by paying the £40 participation fee. Financial support is available: https://criwcelfwest.wales/financial-support/
Need some help?
If you need more help, contact Megan Leigh at email@example.com