Portfolio for Swansea, Neath & Port Talbot
Portfolio is a project developed by the Mission Gallery and funded by the Arts Council of Wales. It seeks to offer the young talented people of Swansea and Neath Port Talbot, aged between 13 and 16, the opportunity to gain further experience, knowledge and enthusiasm for the visual and creative arts.
Successful applicants will work alongside professional artists and designers in a series of master classes covering various specialist Art and Design areas. Portfolio’s ethos is to encourage and extend creative interests, and give young people an understanding of where this could lead them in the future. Participants will get the chance to use facilities at both Mission Gallery and UWTSD Swansea College of Art, where they will engage in diverse creative processes along with technical workshops.
About the programme.
- Five master classes led by Professional Artists and Designers
- These may be from areas including: Film & Animation, Photography, Drawing & Printmaking, Textile Design, Jewellery and Glass, Games design and VFX, Product Design and Automotive Design
- Visits to a diverse range of exhibitions at Mission Gallery and other Swansea, Cardiff and Bristol based galleries as well as viewing artist studios, and other creative spaces and industries.
- A careers day from some of the most exciting curators, artists and speakers; helping the students to understand what the future of working in the arts may entail.
- A high profile exhibition of the work created during the master classes, as part of the Mission Gallery programme. For many this may be their first professional show.
- All students will be given an ‘Art Kit’ as well as a Portfolio certificate upon completion of the programme, as a record for their future education portfolios.
- Each school can nominate up to 10 studentswho demonstrate exceptional ability in the field of art, craft and design. Teachers may send this as one large application.
Application Deadline: 29 September 2018
*Funding & Support available, contact gallery to learn more.
*Classes take place on Saturdays throughout the year, you will need to arrange your own transport, lunch and refreshments.
*We will contact all applicants by September 30thto let them know of their success.