For School Years
AS / A Level
For Children In
Carmarthen School of Art @ Coleg Sir Gar
About The Project
Raising The Bar is for young people who have shown a talent or special interest in Art. Young people from Carmarthenshire areas, studying at AS or A Level (or equivalent, i.e. BTEC) can apply to become a part of this exciting creative project at Coleg Sir Gar.
Masterclasses, Trips & Exhibitions
Over several sessions, participants will have the opportunity to enjoy masterclasses led by professional artists and designers, exploring a range of art techniques and skills. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a regular art club, make new friends with similar interests and learn new skills. Within the programme is also the opportunity to visit museums, artist studios, and universities.
- Take part in 5 masterclasses, led by professional artists in a range of disciplines.
- Visits to exhibitions, museums and galleries.
- Experience working alongside professional Artists and Designers with opportunities to hear their career choices, share knowledge and ask questions.
- A chance to enhance creativity, learn new skills and experiment with materials in a supportive environment.
- The chance to exhibit their work at the end of the programme.
- A free art materials kit.
- Certificate of achievement, upon completion of the programme.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for young people studying at AS / A Level (or equivalent, i.e. BTEC), who show creative talent and want to develop their skills and explore a range of artistic practices.
Teacher & Schools
Each school can nominate up to 10 students who demonstrate exceptional ability in the field of art, craft or design. Teachers may send this as one large application. For more information visit: https://criwcelfwest.wales/for-teachers/
How to apply.
For details on how to apply, please email Saron.
There is a £40 participation fee for successful applicants, which needs to be paid in order to secure their place. Financial support is available, please contact Saron for more information.
Need some help?
If you need more help, contact Saron at Saron.Jones-Hughes@colegsirgar.ac.uk