For School Years
AS / A Level
For Children In
Swansea & Neath Port Talbot
About The Project
Raising The Bar is for young people who have shown a talent or special interest in Art. Young people from the Swansea and Neath Port Talbot areas, studying at AS or A Level (or equivalent, i.e. BTEC) can apply to become a part of this exciting creative project at Mission Gallery.
Masterclasses, Trips & Exhibitions
Over several sessions, participants will have the opportunity to enjoy masterclasses led by professional artists and designers, exploring a range of art techniques and skills. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a regular art club, make new friends with similar interests and learn new skills. Within the programme is also the opportunity to visit museums, artist studios, and universities.
- Take part in 5 masterclasses, led by professional artists in a range of disciplines.
- Visits to exhibitions, museums and galleries.
- Experience working alongside professional Artists and Designers with opportunities to hear their career choices, share knowledge and ask questions.
- A chance to enhance creativity, learn new skills and experiment with materials in a supportive environment.
- The chance to exhibit their work at the end of the programme.
- A free art materials kit.
- Certificate of achievement, upon completion of the programme.
Screen printing masterclass with Mary Passmore
Sound and Place masterclass with Jason & Becky
Glass workshop with Cath Brown
Enamel workshop with Cath Brown (in partnership with Arts in Health)
Textiles design masterclass with Kathryn Lewis
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for young people studying at AS / A Level (or equivalent, i.e. BTEC), who show creative talent and want to develop their skills and explore a range of artistic practices.
Teacher & Schools
Each school can nominate up to 10 students who demonstrate exceptional ability in the field of art, craft or design. Teachers may send this as one large application. For more information visit: https://criwcelfwest.wales/for-teachers/
How to apply.
To apply, please download and complete the application form below. We also want to see examples of your work, and a written statement telling us why you would like to take part.
Applications are currently open.
Deadline for applications is Friday 13 May 2022
Successful applicants can secure their place by paying the £20 participation fee. Financial support is available: https://criwcelfwest.wales/financial-support/
Need some help?
If you need more help, contact Megan Leigh at firstname.lastname@example.org